Nobody knows when and where he died. Bose was phenomenal in luring the enemy into a false target and he has proved it many times in his political fight for India’s freedom. He was a master stroke when it came to war strategies.
When Gandhi heard of Bose death, he made this statement
“Subhash is not dead. Subhash cannot die that way”
According to Mukherjee commisson’s report, the ashes in the Renkoji temple are not his. A report from the Taipei government says that no such plane crash happened on the 18th of August, 1945.
Habibur Rahman, his excellency’s only companion was allegedly an eyewitness to the plane crash but he never got severe injuries. Bose dies of “severe burns” on his face and Habibur himself helped Bose during his last moments. If that is to be believed, how come Habibur Rahman didn’t have any burn injuries??
The doctor, the nurse, the hospital staff have been interviewed time and time again and their statements dont intersect at a point. If it was true, the statements should match.
There are many theories and many speculations to his death, which we will never know. Here is what many conspiracy theorists believe might have happened
1. The moment US dropped atom bombs on Japan, Bose and crew knew that the war is coming to an end. Japan can no longer be INA’a ally in the freedom struggle and the INA needs a new ally.
2. The new ally must be sought after at once otherwise, the enemy will maneuver careful time for preparation. Hence, it is imperative to seek the new ally as early as possible and hence, the situation demands an event which will lure the enemy into a false front, so that INA and team can find some time to re-organize themselves.
3. If you turn the pages of History you will know that prior to Rome and Berlin, Bose had gone to Russia and seeked Stalin’s help. Stalin mistook him as a British spy and hence his plans didn’t materialized. He had to use the cover of “Orlando Matzotta” and move to Italy and then to Berlin. Bose went to Berlin and Hitler told him that when Russia is under Germany’s grip, the road to India shall be made. Germany was over ambitious on Russian front and to them, Bose was a strong move for future, if Russia is defeated. Bose’s plans shattered when the German’s were pushed back in Stalingrad. Bose fled to Japan and opened a new front from Singapore.
4. When Japan surrendered, Bose asked his INA associates to arrange a plane to Tokyo. Rahman said – its too risky to go to Tokyo at this moment to which Bose had replied – “No worries, contact has already been initiated with the red army ( red army is the code for USSR)
5. The plan was that the Japanese will land him to Manchukko (Manchuria) from where Bose will make his way towards Russia. Nobody except Bose knew how this will be implemented hence, he plotted the fake plane crash incident to lure British and American spies towards Singapore, so that his path to Manchuria is easier.
The world war ended in 1945 and India’s freedom was round the corner. Germany, Italy, Japan have fallen, France has been liberated, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland …these countries are stabling up. Bose saw no point in raising the army once again because the world war is over and any military move at this point will make Bose a minority and hence cause discomfort at the international level. Its best to remain underground and wait for the right moment .
6. India obtained her freedom on 1947. The country fell into a big crisis due to partition and many say Bose awaited the perfect moment to come to India. But he never could re-appear because the British spies would find him and had him killed. This is because he was the only man deemed “War criminal” who seeked helped from Nazi government and hence a big threat to the “West”. If Bose re-appeared, he would have been killed by US or British agents.
There is this story of Gumnami Baba who lived in Faizlabad and many say that he was Bose. There are reports of people claiming that he was none other than Bose and when Baba died on 1985, he was given a guard of honor by the local police at midnight. Baba had some letters written in Bengali, he never spoke to anyone but he had books written in German, French.
Last but not the least, the fact that Indian government itself could not find solid evidences of his death proves that there is something in it which they will never reveal. The government has utmost power and authority and if it is not capable enough to find information, it only means they dont want to dig it further.
Post Courtesy: Amit benarjee